What to do if you have concerns or a complaint

Anyone can contact us if they believe a customer owned banking institution has breached the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice (the Code).

If you are concerned that your customer owned banking institution is breaching the Code, you can refer the matter to us for investigation.

Contact us here

The COBCCC’s role is to monitor compliance and investigate breaches against the Code. We will then recommend corrective action if needed.

We can only investigate in the following circumstances:

  • The customer owned banking institution must be a subscriber of the Code.
  • The service took place in Australia.
  • The matter must involve an individual or small business.
  • The issue must be covered in the Code.

If you would like a specific outcome – such as compensation, an apology, or for your problem to be fixed – you should make a complaint to your customer owned banking institution or the Australian Financial Complaints Authority.